Tuesday, May 24, 2011

We Finally Got an Allotment Garden!






































Friday afternoon the City of Toronto Parks department *finally* called me to let me know they had reached my name on the waiting list.

I've been on it since February 1st and had long since given up on getting some land this year, so I was pretty excited to hear from them.

Since we were being offered a plot of land at the York Allotment Gardens site, and I had never seen the area, I had to take a guess on which plot I wanted from a handful of options. I picked 104 for no good reason and I am glad I did.

Though 104 was in rough shape, the adjacent plots were even worse, to the right of us a plot almost entirely taken over by a rampaging raspberry bush!

Owning no gardening tools, and having no clue on what to do or how to do it, we left it for a few days to formulate a plan of attack. The site is 30x15ft and as you can see, a bit "wild" at the moment.

This is a picture of the site as we found it on Friday May 20th, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment